We encourage you to contact us with any questions you may have, here are some of our most common questions.
What does Mickey's World Early Learning Centre Provide?
Mickey’s World provides well supervised, safe Long Day Care, 50 weeks of the year.
• All meals
• Mickey’s World Hat & Shirt
• Education that will further develop your child’s learning abilities.
What will my child be doing at Mickey's World?
- Socialize and be confident around other peers.
- Help children form attachments, share, take turns, understand other’s point of view, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Become confident and involved learners.
- Have play experiences using a variety of activities and toys.
- Have creative art experiences.
- Develop and expand their language abilities.
- Participate in small and large group experiences.
- Learn and explore all about Nature, Science and mathematics through play.
- Build with a variety of construction.
- Water/ Sand Play.
- Understand and recognize concepts
- Engage in School Readiness Program that will help enhance the children’s learning abilities and that best prepares them for Kindergarten.
What do I need to bring?
- A full change of clothes (appropriate for the day weather) and items they can manage by themselves.
- Cot sized fitted sheet set. Sheets to be placed in a labelled pillow case or canvas/ material bag.
- 1 piece of fresh fruit every day.
- Closed shoes/ sandals or sneakers no thongs as they are dangerous for climbing or running.
How do I enrol my child?
- Give us a call to organise a tour of our Centre also learn more about our program and routines, and to meet our friendly staff.
- Information that needs to accompany you on enrolment form are:
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Copy of child’s immunisation statement
- Copy of your driver’s license or ID
What is the orientation procedure?
We understand that for children who join Mickey’s World, it may be their first experience away from home and some children may feel uncertain about starting a new experience in a new environment. As all children are unique, so too are their settling in patterns.
We are happy to meet your child’s individual needs and provide orientation strategies designed for you and your child.
Are the staff qualified?
To ensure the highest standards of care, we pay the utmost attention to employing qualified and experienced staff who share our philosophy and ideas of working together to create a warm, loving and secure environment for children to learn and grow.
Can I visit my child whenever I like?
We welcome our parents to visit the centre at any time throughout the day.
What if my child gets sick?
If your child becomes unwell, we will contact you immediately and you may be required to pick up your child. We are committed to providing and maintaining a healthy environment so please do not send your child to the Centre if they are unwell.
What will my child eat?
Our centre cook prepares nutritious and delicious meals on site that include all the vitamins and nutrients needed for an active, fun-filled day. All meals are prepared to the highest standards of hygiene.
Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and evening snacks are provided. Our staff ensure that mealtimes are enjoyable and an opportunity for positive interaction.
What are the hours of operation?
We are open 7:30am till 5:30pm Monday to Friday 50 weeks in a calendar year and closed only during Public Holidays.
How do I apply for Child Care Benefit?
Contact the Family Assistant Office on 13 61 50 or visit www.familyassist.gov.au.
They will assist you in receiving any Child Care Benefit you may be entitled to and will provide you with a Customer Reference Number (CRN) for you and your child.
Upon enrolment, you will be asked to add these numbers to the enrolment form.
Can I get Child Care Rebate?
There are certain requirements you must meet to get Child Care Rebate.
You must have:
- Used approved child care during the year
- Been eligible for Child Care Benefit
- Passed the work, training and study test at some time during the week the approved care was provided
Note: There is no income test for the Child Care Rebate. If you are eligible for the Child Care Benefit, but the Child Care Benefit is zero due to income, you may still be eligible for the Child Care Rebate.
How can I get paid the rebate?
You now have the option to recieve you Child Care Rebate paid either directly to the service or to yourself, quartarly or annually. Payment of the Child Care Rebate is based on the frequency of child care attendance data received from your Child Care Service.